The instruction provided here is for educational purposes only.
1st step: Open your browser (Google chrome, Firefox, Opera and etc.) then enter your back-end URL. In wordpress, back-end URL usually starts at “www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin”. If you don’t know your back-end URL, you can ask from your web administrator. In my case, see image below. After you enter your URL, press ENTER, then Log in page will be displayed.
2nd step: Enter your credentials (Username and Password), both fields are required for you to continue to access the back-end page. If you forgot or don’t know your credentials, you can also ask to your web administrator for him to reset/create account for you. Then press Log in button. Your Dashboard will be displayed. All the information regarding in your site will be seen here like articles that were posted in your site or plugins that you’ve install or images that were uploaded.
3rd step: On the left pane of your dashboard, click media. Under this page, all images that you’ve used in your site are displayed here.
4th Step: Click Add New
5th Step: Click Select Files, then choose your image you want to upload. You can select one or multiple images at once but uploading images or files in wordpress has limit. You can change the maximum upload size in your php.ini file but if you are unsure what you’re doing, contact your web administrator. In my case, i set it to 250mb of file per file to upload. After you select the image you want to upload, it will automatically uploaded but it will depends on the size of the file you’re uploading and the speed of your internet. Then if you want to check your images you can click library under media menu. In here, you can manage your images, if you want to delete or edit the file name and more.
The next steps are used to upload images using portfolio plugin in our website ichaddawbatanes.vakultech.com .If you are one of the contributor of this website or if you want to be one of us, kindly follow this instruction.
1st step: After you’ve successfully log in your account, instead of selecting media menu, select or hover your cursor in portfolio. In here, you can select portfolio, add new, categories and tags. Under portfolio tab, your images will be display here with the category and tags you assign to that image.
2nd step: Before you can upload image/s, you might want to add a category and tags that you can assign to the image you want to upload. You can do that by selecting Tags then create tags to that image or go to category then create category of you image image.
3rd step: After creating your categories, you can now click Add New. Kindly see image bellow for the required information. All encircled with red is a must to fill out.
- In the first circle at the top, enter the title of the Image.
- Custom Text will be the name of the uploader or the contributor or the one you’ve given credits on that image.
- Check the Enable Social Share for the visitor to share your image.
- In the right pane, choose the category of your image which you’ve entered but you can also add category here by clicking add new category.
- Next, choose the tags that is applicable in the image you want. Also you can add new tag here. Remember that in the category and the tags portion, you can select multiple items.
- Then the most important step you must do is to select your image under feature image. If you forgot to choose image or leave feature image blank, there will be no image display in our website. In selecting your feature image, it can be in your media library which was already uploaded or you can directly upload from you computer.
- Review the information that you’ve entered and be sure that the feature image has an image.
3rd step: After you’ve done reviewing, you can now select the Publish Button.
Check your published image by going to your front-end or enter your complete domain name in your web browser (chrome or any browser). In my case, “ichaddawbatanes.vakultech.com“.
Then you’re done! If the instruction was not clear for you, we made a short video which you can watch. Kindly visit our YouTube channel by clicking this link and don’t forget to like and subscribe for more tutorials and videos.